see new work on instagram daily: @josephmarkphoto
OK, so the basics are this, we're a husband and wife team and we do almost everything together. I know a lot of people will tell you they could never work with their spouses but it really works for us. I do the editing, she does the emailing and you'll have us both there on your wedding day. What we're really about is twofold - being there with you, assisting you on your wedding day so that we can capture unscripted, authentic, moments and create jaw dropping portraits by collaborating with you to make images that feel right, beautiful and meaningful.
I started out my career in photography as a newspaper photojournalist covering everything from college football to political campaigns but in my 20's I fell hard for weddings because I really love how meaningful the images are to families, not just now but generations into the future.
Things I'm also into:
- National parks, I've been to about 40 of them and I will see them all before I'm done (anyone getting married in Alaska?)
- Scotch (thanks to my grandfather), cigars (thanks to my brother)
- Golf, especially playing with my son
- Almost anything technical when it comes to video/photo/Apple stuff
- Listening to books on Audible
“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever… It remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.”
— Aaron Siskind
Stephanie started out in real estate and will still look at houses on the market daily... she photographed homes before falling for both me and weddings when I brought her with me as a second photographer while we were dating. She's hopelessly organized and loves helping people.
Things Steph's into:
- Making candy: lolli-pops, turtles, caramel you name it
- Home improvement (both of us really)
- Being a mom - chauffeur, room parent, chaperone you know the drill
- Being best friends with her sisters and her mom
- Traveling anywhere, especially some place new